• Post Thanks / Like

“Priority Seats”

Will someone please help me to correct and modify my writing , thanks.
    .................................................. ..............................
    “Priority Seats” The sign reminds me of an experience I once had. One year ago, I take MRT to Taipei Civil Service Development Institute for my business trip. I can saw many signs with English at the MRT Station. e.g “Line up behind the white line.” “Mind the platform gap.” “Transfer station” “Elderly passengers are advised to take the elevator” “Hold the handrail while taking the escalator.”… That was good chance for learning English. I write down them in my notebook while my waiting. Got in MRT car, still looked for English sign, cause of my bad sight, I approached the priority seat for the English sign with “Please yield your seat to elderly, pregnant, disabled or baby-holding passengers.” A boy student who was sitting in the priority seat. He promptly (jump almost) yielded the seat to me. I was confused that did I look like a pregnant, elderly, disabled woman? I felt extremely uncomfortable at the time.
    The scenario had stayed in my mind and reminds me that I am in late forties already.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • German
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: “Priority Seats”

Quote Originally Posted by Melody Hsu View Post
    Will someone please help me to correct and modify my writing , thanks.
    .................................................. ..............................
    “Priority Seats” The sign reminds me of an experience I once had. One year ago, I take took the MRT to the Taipei Civil Service Development Institute for my a business trip. I can saw many signs with in English at the MRT Station. e.g “Line up behind the white line.” “Mind the platform gap.” “Transfer station” “Elderly passengers are advised .o take the elevator” “Hold the handrail while taking the escalator.”… That was a good chance for learning English. I write wrote down them them down in my notebook while my waiting I waited. I got in the MRT car, still looked for English signs. Because of my bad sight, I approached the priority seat for the English sign with the sign “Please yield your seat to elderly, pregnant, disabled or baby-holding passengers.” A boy student who was sitting in the priority seat. He promptly (jumped almost) yielded the seat to me. I was confused about that, did I look like a pregnant, elderly, disabled woman? I felt extremely uncomfortable at the time.
    The scenario had stayed in my mind and reminds me that I am in my late forties already.
    I am not a teacher.

Delete the underlined, and replace with the red.
    "baby-holding passengers" would be better if you say "passengers with a baby"