Would you please tell me what are the best choices to make in the following sentences?
1. The greenhouse effect has been worrying environmentalists / conservationists / ecologists (?) for years. All are applicable.
2. He had beenhanging on to the branch for about ten minutes..
3. We visited this resort four days (a) running/ (b) on end / (c) in a row (?) a or c
4. They have been living under the poverty line for weeks, that’s to say since the strike began.
5. These drug traffickers have been laundering their money in Switzerland for several years.
6. a) The astronaut left the spaceship ten minutes ago.
b)It is ten minutes since the astronaut left the spaceship.
7. How long has the Queen spoken / did the queen speak ?
[tense + capitalisation Yes?]
8. It was months since the parrot last spoke.
9. This is the first time I have forgotten Mother’s Day.
10. It wasn’t the first time she had forgotten to read the manual (?).
11. When you did you buy your last car ?
It’s useless to send food and medicine to Sarajevo as warring factions have not accepted a cease fire.
13. Do you remember
(a) switching / turning off the television set. [other verbs possible?]
(b)turning the tv set off. (?)
Thank you for your help
Student or Learner