Student or Learner
I'm wondering what the difference between the Past Simple and the Present Perfect is in case of the following sentences. Is any of them WRONG, and if both pairs are correct, then which option is preferable? Could you tell me why???
1. I almost didn't regognize you because of the glasses.
2. I almost haven't recognized you because of the glasses.
3. I'm sorry it took me so long to write back to your email.
4. I'm sorry it's taken me so long to write back to your email.
thank you for such a quick reply and clear(cut) explanations! wow!
just one more thing, OK two things ;)
1. Why can't I say write back?
2. Did I/Have I use/ed clear cut appropriately? Cause I'm never sure, for me clear and clear-cut R the same, but probably they aren't...
how come? isn't an email a letter too?