editing

Would you, please, edit the following sentences?

1. It should be pointed out that the level of povability of the publications mentioned in this section is not high enough to meet the standards of experimental medicine.

2. Thus, the problems of interaction between different types of medicines in the treatment of epilepsy are of special interest, and studying them helps to avoid undesirable side effects and to increase the efficiency of treatment.
    Last edited by Clark; 01-Mar-2009 at 19:03.

Re: editing

1. It should be pointed out that the level of povability of the publications mentioned in this section is not high enough to meet the standards of scientific medicine.
    This one confuses me since 'povability' is not an English word. It sounds a bit like 'probability' or 'provability', but then you use 'of' instead of 'in'.

Are you saying that the tests mentioned in the publications are not rigorous enough to be considered scientific, or are you saying that the publications themselves are not to be taken seriously? For example, a scientific study mentioned in a children's comic book would be dismissed because of where it is published, it would not have been peer reviewed.

Re: editing

Quote Originally Posted by thod00 View Post
    This one confuses me since 'povability' is not an English word. It sounds a bit like 'probability' or 'provability', but then you use 'of' instead of 'in'.

Are you saying that the tests mentioned in the publications are not rigorous enough to be considered scientific, or are you saying that the publications themselves are not to be taken seriously? For example, a scientific study mentioned in a children's comic book would be dismissed because of where it is published, it would not have been peer reviewed.
    Thanks, thod00.
    I meant 'provability', of course.

How about the rest?