• Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

Sentence

I'm puzzled.
    This is from a computer game.

Infantry have a small area effect attack added, encouraging their use as well.

Can you make the sentence a bit clearly for me?
    Last edited by greegorush; 04-Mar-2009 at 11:59.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Sentence

hey I'm not sure about it , but there is a kind of defence in your game , is it about a war game,???? because usually the meaning changes when you are in a special situation or not ,,, so can you give me some other details???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

This is a strategy game.

Cavalry archers have their main disadvantage, their weak attack against buildings, counteracted with the Saracen culture. Complimenting this is a free light cavalry upgrade which encourages the use of this unit alone and as protection for horse archers. Infantry have a small area effect attack added, encouraging their use as well.

Can't understand what the highlighted words mean exactly.
    As I understood their in the second clause of the last sentence mention to the previous sentence.
    Last edited by greegorush; 04-Mar-2009 at 12:23.

• Post Thanks / Like

maybe it means that in the object there is a secret place ( which also calle small area ) that you 're the only one to know and it permitts to defend something, does it shed light on it???

• Post Thanks / Like

their are reffer to cavalry archers

• Post Thanks / Like

In computer gaming an 'area of effect' attack, AoE, means the attack hits all targets in a radius. A normal attack hits a single target.

A bullet would be a normal attack since it hits just one target. A bomb would be an AoE attack since it hits all targets in its blast radius, regardless of how many there are.

You would use an AoE attack on enemies that are grouped closely together to maximize the number of targets which are hit.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Russian Federation
      • Current Location:
      • Russian Federation

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Adil-FRANCE View Post
    maybe it means that in the object there is a secret place ( which also calle small area ) that you 're the only one to know and it permitts to defend something, does it shed light on it???
    I think that a small area effect atack added is a disadvantage of infantry so that why you should use cavalry horses. But I can't understand what means a small area effect atack added.

Thanks for you replies

• Post Thanks / Like

I think that a small area effect atack added is a disadvantage of infantry so that why you should use cavalry horses. But I can't understand what means a small area effect atack added.
    Not at all. The game designer thought that infantry are a little too weak, nobody would use them, so he beefed them up. He gave them a small AoE attack, say 'Throw Grenade', to make them more powerful to encourage their use.

• Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by greegorush View Post
    This is a strategy game.

Cavalry Mounted archers have as their main disadvantage, their poor effect against buildings, counteracted with the Saracen culture. Complementing this is a free light cavalry upgrade which encourages the use of this unit alone and as protection for the mounted archers. Infantry have a small area effect attack added, encouraging their use as well.

Can't understand what the highlighted words mean exactly.
    As I understood their in the second clause of the last sentence mention to the previous sentence.
    It looks as if the infantry has an effect only in a small area of activity, but enough to make them useful within the game plan.