Smile this is ...

Please, dear teachers and friends...

Is it possible to read...(?)

This is she.
    This is her.

Thanks

Re: this is ...

There are two problems here:

Whilst "This is she" is correct grammar, it has the sense these days of being 'too correct' in watching one speaks impeccable grammar.

So - you will mostly hear : "This is her."
    In referring to a woman in that way - this is her - it is somewhat demeaning.
    We may say of a book, "This is it - (this is the book I was telling you about.)"

Even if just showing a picture of the person, it is preferable to say something like, "This is my aunt." /"This is the woman/lady I was telling you about."

Your aunt may not be there to appreciate not being termed just 'her'...but you may say a lot about yourself to a listener if you're so off-hand in how you regard people behind their backs, that you refer to them one step up from being an 'it'.

Re: this is ...

There are two problems here:

Whilst "This is she" is correct grammar, it has the sense these days of being 'too correct' in watching one speaks impeccable grammar.

So - you will mostly hear : "This is her."
    In referring to a woman in that way - 'this is her' - it is somewhat demeaning.
    We may say of a book, "This is it - (this is the book I was telling you about.)"

Even if just showing a picture of the person, it is preferable to say something like, "This is my aunt." /"This is the woman/lady I was telling you about."

Your aunt may not be there to appreciate not being termed just 'her'...but you may say a lot about yourself to a listener if your so off-hand in how you regard people behind their backs, that you refer to them one step up from being an 'it'.

Clothes maketh the man? It's also these refinements in your speech that are as impressive as the cut of a Savile Row suit.

Note: the wanna gunna crowd can disregard the above.