• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

I need some help in order to improve my paragraph

Judicial sentences are given to the parties in form of texts. It is of fundamental importance that the text through witch a judicial sentence is given is clear or at least understandable. Although judicial sentences are normally clear, the number of cases of incoherent, obscure or incomprehensible texts is worth noting. Frequently, the problem is detected only when the parties demand compliance with the sentence and no resource in order to its clarification is available anymore. When the meaning of the sentence is a mystery, it is necessary to know what one ought to do in relation to it. Specially, it is necessary to know how the res judicata doctrine relates to these questions. The thesis presents a theory based on the different degrees of obscurity that a judicial sentence can show and on the dissimilarities between creation, interpretation and enforcement of judicial decisions. Starting from these distinctions, answers are given according to Brazilian procedural law.

Keywords: Judicial sentence. Obscure wording. Res judicata. Preclusion. Interpretation.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I need some help in order to improve my paragraph

Quote Originally Posted by Simenon View Post
    Judicial sentences are given to the parties in form of texts. It is of fundamental importance that the text through witch a judicial sentence is given is clear or at least understandable. Although judicial sentences are normally clear, the number of cases of incoherent, obscure or incomprehensible texts is worth noting. Frequently, the problem is detected only when the parties demand compliance with the sentence and no resource in order to its clarification is available anymore. When the meaning of the sentence is a mystery, it is necessary to know what one ought to do in relation to it. Specially, it is necessary to know how the res judicata doctrine relates to these questions. The thesis presents a theory based on the different degrees of obscurity that a judicial sentence can show and on the dissimilarities between creation, interpretation and enforcement of judicial decisions. Starting from these distinctions, answers are given according to Brazilian procedural law.

Keywords: Judicial sentence. Obscure wording. Res judicata. Preclusion. Interpretation.
    Hi Simenon,

To one who is uninitiated in the legal terminology you are using, your writing appears clear and to the point. For the sake of clarity, I would only suggest the following changes, which I've maked up in red:
    Judicial sentences are given to the parties in form of texts. It is of fundamental importance that the text through witch which a judicial sentence is given is clear or at least understandable. Although judicial sentences are normally clear, the number of cases of incoherent, obscure, or incomprehensible texts is worth noting. Frequently, the problem is detected only when the parties demand compliance with the sentence and no resource in order to concerning its clarification is still available anymore. When the meaning of the sentence is a mystery, it is necessary to know what one ought to do in relation to it. Specially, it is necessary In these cases, it is especially necessary to know how the res judicata doctrine relates to these questions concerning these judicial sentences.

The This thesis presents a theory based on the different degrees of obscurity that a judicial sentence can show may manifest, and on as well as the dissimilarities between the creation, interpretation, and enforcement of judicial decisions. Starting from these distinctions, answers are given according to Brazilian procedural law.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • French
      • Home Country:
      • France
      • Current Location:
      • France

Smile Re: I need some help in order to improve my paragraph

Fantastic, Monticello. Thank you very much!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Judicial sentences are given to the parties in the form of texts. It is of fundamental importance that the text of a judicial sentence is given is clear or at least understandable. Although judicial sentences are normally clear, the number of cases of incoherent, obscure or incomprehensible texts is worth noting. Frequently, the problem is detected only when the parties demand compliance with the sentence and no resource to help people understand it is available anymore. When the meaning of the sentence is a mystery it is important to know what to do. Specially, it is necessary to know how the res judicata doctrine relates to these questions. This thesis presents a theory based on the different degrees of obscurity possible in a judicial sentence can show and on the dissimilarities between the creation, interpretation and enforcement of judicial decisions. Starting from these distinctions, answers are given according to Brazilian procedural law.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Fantastic, Monticello. Thank you very much!
    My pleasure, Simenon.

Please note that RonBee's suggestions work equally well. - It's a matter of taste.