Arrow Money reimbursement

Plz help to write the letter. THANKS

You lost a ten dollar bill in the change machine at the Main Street Carwash. Write a letter for compensation of the lost money.

To: Main Steet Carwsh Co.

The change machine at the Main Street Carwash ate my ten dollar bill today, March 10, 2009. I went to the store counter but the person was on duty said he did not have access to the change machine to get the money out of the machine. I, therefore, would like to get reimbursement for the lost money. I also would like to inform you that the machine did not have any “out of order sign” at that moment.

Thank you,
    Last edited by anamicabhatta; 10-Mar-2009 at 08:20.

Re: Money reimbursement

Please don't get so used to writing plz and such abbreviations, other than when texting or leaving notes, that they pop out automatically at inappropriate times, such as in exams...

You lost a ten dollar bill in the change machine at the Main Street Carwash. Write a letter for seeking compensation of for the lost money.

To: Main Steet Carwsh Co.

The change machine at the Main Street Carwash ate my ten dollar bill today,
    You are sending a letter to Main Street Carwash. The address is on the envelop, and would be at the top of your letter. Why are you telling them whose change machine it is you are complaining about? It's theirs!

Today, March 10, 2009, your change machine ate my ten dollar note/bill.
    (You tell them the date of the occurrence; and your letter is not so formal that it should not have the benefit of your light-hearted reference to what happened: it 'ate' my money!) Your teacher may think otherwise!! (me:) (your teacher):

I went to the store counter but the person was on duty (as one would hope he would be! Can you see what is wrong with what you have said?) said he did not have access to the change machine to get the money out of the machine.

I informed the person on duty, but was told he did not have access to the change machine to retrieve my money.

I, therefore, would like to get reimbursement for the lost money. I also would like to inform you that the machine did not have any “out of order sign” at that moment.

Place the important piece of information that there was no 'out of order' sign first in this sentence. This absolves you from utter stupidity - "DUH...putting money in a machine when it says..."

Certainly, there was no 'out of order' sign on the machine; and I am therefore requesting reimbursement.

Now: can you re-write this, following the suggestions I've made? in your own words!
    Last edited by David L.; 10-Mar-2009 at 10:52.