I was to translate from Polish to English a chart of library's rules and regulations. Could you please proofread and check for mistakes. The most problems I had with the equivalents, so if anything looks weird, please, let me know what whould be better.
Thanks in advance
1. Readers are obliged to complete all columns of the loan record book and both sides of the lending form. Books may be issued only to the applicant in person.
2. If a reader using materials in the reading-room wishes to take them out to the classes or in order to copy them, it’s imperative that he or she asks the Librarian for permission. In other cases the books are no books may be brought out of the Library. ???????
3. Theses and dissertations can be borrowed from the Library only by students who have obtained the written consent of their supervisors. Access to the theses and dissertation is restricted to members of the Institute.
4. The reader is obliged to return the same book that was borrowed (with the same signature). The return of a book with the same title but different signature doesn’t cancel the loan. The reader must also find his loan record in the loan record book whether the book is returned in due time or not.
5. In the event of loss or serious damage, the borrower shall be compelled to replace the book after prior agreement with the Librarian concerning the full title and author of the book.
6. Any reader violating the regulation of the Library (failing to return books in due time, not recording loans, postponing the time of return without permission, taking books or library materials out of the Library before the loan has been recorded) will be deprived of the right to borrow books, and in more serious cases – to use them at the Library.
7. Admission to the Library is conditional upon the Librarian’s permit. On leaving the Library borrowers shall present for inspection (report)all books borrowed from the Library. (for loan)
8. The students of the Institute of English Philology and Foreign Language Teacher Training College are obliged to give up the right to access to the Library’s resources before receiving their university diploma, which is confirmed by means of a stamp in their student's study record book.
9. Those who continue to break the rule of silence will have their Library privileges cancelled.
Student or Learner