Post can anyone help me in this plzzzzzzzzz

Please tell me the difference between these lines. Tell me the situation in which we should use one line instead of the other one. Tell me the meanings of both. TELL ME WHICH ONE IS CORRECT.
    1.......if you had not come today, i would have to send out a search party.(i got this line from a tv show, so this should be the correct one)
    2.........but can i say this thing in this way or not, if not then why, which one is better, and better fit for which particular situation, does it change the meaning of the sentence if say in this way?
    -----if u did not come, i had to send out a search party.
    3..........i would do any mistake but my mother never screamed at me( got this line from a tv show)
    -----can i say this thing with using had screamed----past participle, does it change the meaning of the sentence or not if use had screamed not only screamed:
    (a))i would do any mistake but my mother had never screamed at me
    (b))
    i would do any mistake but my mother had not screamed at me
    (c))i would do any mistake but my mother have never screamed at me (D))
    i would do any mistake but my mother have not screamed at me.
    (E))
    i would do any mistake but my mother never screams at me

what is the difference between these lines?

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Telugu
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • India

Re: can anyone help me in this plzzzzzzzzz

if you had not come today, i would have to send out a search party

Are you sure you heard it right? I think the sentence should have been something like this.

If you had not come today, I would have had to send out a search party.

if u did not come, i had to send out a search party

This has to be rephrased to:

If you did not come, I would have to send out a search party.

1. If you had not come today, I would have had to send out a search party.
    2. If you did not come, I would have to send out a search party.
    Sentence #1 suggests that the action of coming today took place. The person you are taking to came today to whatever place he was supposed to. So you did not have to send out a search party.

Hindi: Agar aaj tum na aate tho mujhe search party bhejna padta. (Tum aagaye, isliye bhejna ki zaroorat nahi padi)

Sentence #2 is a conditional statement that talks about a hypothetical situation which may hold true at any given point of time.

Hindi: Agar aaj tum nahi aaoge tho mujhe search party bhejna padega.

I would do any mistake but my mother never screamed at me.

This one is fine. All the other sentences do not make any sense to me. The above sentence talks about something that happened in the past. So you can't use present or present perfect tense. You can't use past perfect either because screaming wouldn't normally happen before doing a mistake.

PS: I am not a teacher.