• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Argentina
      • Current Location:
      • Argentina

Arrow I know it's a bit long...but would you help me checking the mistakes in here...

He's a strange man, I don't know his name and from where he is, but I see him all day walking next to my work in the market. The first time where I saw him, a friend said me that he was a little crazy, because he had been a drug addict. If he is yet, I don't know, bu he doesn't like.

He is tall and slim with dark olive skin and short dark hair but he has a fine and long wisp of hair braided that sprout behind his head. I don't know why he left his hair of that way, but it is curious. Maybe, it is his style. He always wears glasses and hat (sport hat). He is not an old man. I think that he is in his early thirty years, but in his thin face we can read traces of an old beauty.

All of time that I've seen him, he always has been of good humour and has had a big smile. Moreover, never, never he stpos to talk. I've heard that he was a radio's announcment and he was very famous, but the fame took him to bad way and he started to consume drugs in parties until he lost everything including his mind.However, I don't see as a "crazy man", because he doesn't behave of that way, althought he sometimes says things without sense, but I do too, and I'm not crazy.

As I say in the text's title, he sells ice cream, but I've seen him working in other thinks like selling lottery tickets with a megaphone and a multicolor hat, or doing announcement in front of a well known building of motorcycles's sale. I think that he is very hard working and one day his luck will change. In the other hand, he likes a lot to talk with a people who he meet in places where he pass. I'm sure he has many friends because he is very friendly.

All in all, I don't know much about the guy who sells ice cream, but I see him as a hard working person and I hope that he never lose his smile and his humour, because when that will happen, the market will be less fun.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: I know it's a bit long...but would you help me checking the mistakes in here...

Dear ARUK:

Quote Originally Posted by ARUK2008 View Post
    He's a strange man. I don't know his name and where he's from, but I see him all day walking next to my work in the market (by my work or near my work or near my stall/shop/booth). The first time where I saw him, a friend told me that he was a little crazy, because he had once been a drug addict. If he is still, I don't know, but he doesn't (look?) like one .

He is tall and slim with dark olive skin and short dark hairbut with a fine, long wisp of hair braid that sprouts (behind) (from the back of) his head. I don't know why he left (or, 'wears') his hair of that way, but it is curious. Maybe it is his style. He always wears glasses and a hat (sport hat baseball cap?). He is not an old man. I think that he is in his early thirties, but in his thin face one can read traces of an old beauty (Beauty is not wrong, but it is rarely applied to men. More likely: good looks).

All of times I've seen him, he always has been of good humour and has had a big smile. Moreover, never, never he stpos to talk. [Do you mean, 'never stops talking,' or 'never stops to talk'? Never stops to talk would mean he never talks to you.] I've heard that he was a very famous radio's announcer and he was very famous, but the fame took him to bad way in a bad direction, or down a bad road and he started taking drugs at parties until he lost everything, including his mind. However, I don't see him as a "crazy man", because he doesn't behave of that way. Although he sometimes says nonsensical things, but I do too, and I'm not crazy.

As I say in the text's title, he sells ice cream, but I've seen him working at other things like selling lottery tickets with a megaphone and a multicolor hat, or doing announcements in front of a well-known motorcycle shop. I think that he is very hard-working, and one day his luck will change. [On the other hand,This doesn't fit here, because it is not in contrast to the examples preceding it.] He likes to talk a lot with a people who he meets in passing. I'm sure he has many friends, because he is very friendly.

All in all, I don't know much about the guy who sells ice cream, but I see him as a hard-working person and I hope that he never lose his smile and his humour, because when that will happens, the market will be less fun.
    I hope this is helpful,

Petra