1. friend4u

Hi frnds

Complete each sentence with a suitable form of the verb given. Use the present simple or continuous, or the past simple or continuous.

ii I tried to explain the situation to my parents, but they just ……………………….. what I was talking about. (not / understand)

iii What have you put in this sauce? It ………………. absolutely disgusting. (taste)

iv Peter always claimed that he was innocent, but for many years no one ………………… him (believe)

v It’s a lovely shawl, I know, but unfortunately it ……………. to me. I’m just borrowing it for the party this evening. (not / belong)

vi Why …………….. that thin dress? You’ll freeze to death in this cold wind! (you / wear)

vii Renu’s fed up because she injured her ankle when she …………. this morning, so she can’t dance. (jog)

viii While I was admiring the view, someone stole the bag which …………… all my traveller’s cheques. (contain)

ix Look! ………………. that man standing beside the cash desk? I am sure he’s planning to steal something. (you / see)

x Tea or coffee? I’m making both, so just say which you …………(prefer).

xi The boys didn’t want to come shopping with us because they ……………… the football on television. (watch)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • South Africa
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Re: Hi frnds

this looks like homework.............why don't you try it first and we'll check it for you!