1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

what else can I improve in this LPI essay?

Topic: what are some of the disadvantage of being either near-sighted, left-handed, or very tall?

Giantess

Being tall may be one of the advantages for many people, especially for men. However, for wemen, being very tall could bring a lot of troubles. Tall women are more likely to be teased and more difficult to find suitable clothes, or even mates.
    From my experience, tall girls at early age are more likely to be laughed by boys. For instance, one of my friends was 175 meters tall when she was in elementary school. At that time, boys had not started to grow yet and she was the tallest one in the class. Due to her unusual height boys always made fun of her and called her “giantess”. Hence, my friend was very ashamed of her height and her pride was hurt.
    Despite of having unhappy experience in childhood, very tall girls are difficult to find fitting clothes. In my hometown, the average height of children is 155 meters, which means that sizes of clothes are pretty small. Therefore, my friend had to wear school uniforms even during weekend, because she could hardly buy any clothes that suit both her body and her age. Nonetheless, when she got into high school, this problem was sloved because she could buy adult clothes instead of children suits since then.
    Futhermore, there is also uneasy for tall women to find suitable lovers. Commonly, women perfer thier partners to be taller; men choose mates who are shorter. Since very tall women have fewer chances to meet taller men, those women can scarcely find a fitting mate. In fact, my friend is 22 years old now and still has not had a boyfriend yet, not because she doesn’t want a lover but she can’t find one. Men around her are too short for her.
    Nowadays, the average of standard of living is increasing consistently so that people get better nutrition.
    Consequently, the average height of people is also increasing. From study reports, the average height of males in 21th century is about 13 percent higher than the one in 20th century and the average height of females in 21th century is around 7 percent higher than the one in 20th century. Therefore, I believe that the problems of women being too tall will diminish in the future, as everyone is growing taller and taller.

Re: what else can I improve in this LPI essay?

For instance, one of my friends was 175 meters tall when she was in elementary school.

Obviously, then, not just a case with her of adolescent self-consciousness that she will grow out of!
    Last edited by David L.; 03-Apr-2009 at 08:53.