Student or Learner
I´m student and don´t find the follow idioms in the internet. Please, if someone could help me, I thanks a lot.
- I´m feeling up
- I´m feeling down
- It boosted my spirit
- My spirit sank
- My spirit rose
- I´m depressed
- You´re in high spirits
- I feel into depression
- That always gives me a lift
- He´s really hit bottom this time
to feel up to doing something = to have the strength, energy to do something, e.g. I feel up to going for a jog.
I´m feeling down (=I'm sad).
I'm depressed (= I'm very unhappy).
to boost something = to increase/ improve something,e.g. The win boosted the team's spirit (the win made the team more confident, happier...).
- My spirit sank (=I became less happy).
- My spirit rose (=I became happier).
- You´re in high spirits (= you're excited and happy).
- I fell into depression. (=I was very sad, unhappy, without any hope for the future)
- That always gives me a lift. (= that always makes me happier).
- He´s really hit rock bottom this time (=he's in a very bad situation).