a short message

Can anybody please correct this message?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello there,

Some time ago you replied to a topic that I had started here on this forum. Since then I've read many novels trying to find the proper ones that could become the subject of my MA thesis. I've also equipped myself with James Berger's After the End and Kermode's Sense of an Ending both of which I'm currently reading, though I must admit that the first one is a bit hard to read and understand. Furthermore, I've also been trying to grasp the structuralist approach with its main ideas and I must admit, unfortunately, that I'm not sure what you meant by saying that "there is definitely something there with the whole signifier thing" in The Road... I do see some "blank-referents" so to speak. I've got certain ideas but, to be honest, most of them seem to me a bit naive.

If you would be so kind and answer me with some insights of yours I'd be most obliged. If you are still a member of this forum and you'll receive this message, I'll try to be more specific in the next one.

Thank you & best wishes,

What is bothernig me the most are the tenses... especially the present perfect vs the past simple, I'm never sure if I use them correctly, for instance in the sentence... Some time ago you replied to... At first I wanted to write you have repied.

Thanks

Re: a short message

Quote Originally Posted by forum_mail View Post
    Can anybody please correct this message?

Hello there,

Some time ago you replied to a topic that I had started here on this forum. Since then I've read many novels trying to find those that could become the subject of my MA thesis. I've also equipped myself with James Berger's After the End and Kermode's Sense of an Ending, both of which I'm currently reading, though I must admit that the first one is a bit hard to read and understand. Furthermore, I've also been trying to grasp the structuralist approach with its main ideas and I must admit, unfortunately, that I'm not sure what you meant by saying that "there is definitely something there with the whole signifier thing" in The Road... I do see some "blank-referents" so to speak. I've got certain ideas but, to be honest, most of them seem to me a bit naive.

If you would be so kind and answer me with some insights of your own I'd be most obliged. If you are still a member of this forum and you receive this message, I'll try to be more specific in the next one.

Thank you & best wishes,

What is bothernig me the most are the tenses... especially the present perfect vs the past simple, I'm never sure if I use them correctly, for instance in the sentence... Some time ago you replied to... At first I wanted to write you have replied.

Thanks
    The tenses look fine and the message seems to make sense.