I need some HELP...HELP...HELP

Hi. Could you please help me with these sentences?

-There are many things that people can do to protect themselves from fatty liver disease or to reduce the damage of the liver like they have to reduce their weight but in a safe way that means losing two pounds or less in a weak.

*In the previous sentence, I think it's a run on sentence and it's awkward. How could I correct it???

*Are there any errors in the following sentences????

-Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis occurs for unknown reasons.

-The liver is located in the upper right of the abdomen.

-In general, the occurrence of fatty liver disease varies of ten percent to twenty-four percent in different countries.

-The liver has many types of diseases, for instance, hepatitis A, B, and C, cirrhosis, liver cancer, and fatty liver disease.

Last edited by primrose90; 09-Apr-2009 at 13:09.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: I need some HELP...HELP...HELP

How about this:
    There are many things that people can do to protect themselves from fatty liver disease or to reduce liver damage, such as losing weight in a safe way, which means not losing more than twopounds a week.

In the first sentence are no causes of the non-alcoholic steatohepatitis known? If so, then it's OK but if some are known and others unknown, I'd use 'can occur'.

In general, the occurrence of fatty liver disease varies of ten percent to twenty-four percent in different countries

This is unclear to me- does this mean that in some countries 10% of all people get it and 24% in the countries with the highest rate?

Re: I need some HELP...HELP...HELP

Hi

*There are no causes for non-alcoholic steatohepatitis known, but my teacher at college said that the preposition that I wrote is wrong, but I feel it's correct???

What do you think???? What should I write instead of "for"???

Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis occurs for unknown reasons.

This is the original sentence and I paraphrase it in that way: *

The prevalence of FLD in the general population ranges from 10% to 24% in various countries.

This is my sentence: In general, the occurrence of fatty liver disease varies of ten percent to twenty-four percent in different countries.

I think here also the preposition is wrong?? What do you say??

*What about the last sentence is it correct???

The liver has many types of diseases, for instance, hepatitis A, B, and C, cirrhosis, liver cancer, and fatty liver disease.

Thanks.. : ) ...

Last edited by primrose90; 10-Apr-2009 at 09:40.