• Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

Dubts

Hi everybody...

1) when someone next to me is walking very slowly and I'd like he to walk a little bit faster, what could I say? Could I use the verb "to speed up" to tell him to go faster? or what else? Or do I have to use "to speed up" only when I am into a car and I want the person's driving to go faster?

2) if I'm cooking something and suddenly I pour what I'm cooking all over me and I decide to change my clothes, what verb should I use? Is it "to change" correct?

Thank you very much.

Re: Doubts

Not a teacher

Quote Originally Posted by dilodi83 View Post
    Hi everybody...

1) when someone next to me is walking very slowly and I'd like he to walk a little bit faster, what could I say? Could I use the verb "to speed up" to tell him to go faster? or what else? Or do I have to use "to speed up" only when I am into a car and I want the person's driving to go faster?

2) if I'm cooking something and suddenly I pour what I'm cooking all over me and I decide to change my clothes, what verb should I use? Is it "to change" correct?

Thank you very much.
    You say "...I'd like he to walk..." The correct usage is "...I'd like him to walk...". If you had said "she", you would have used the word "her".

No, you can use speed with anything, crawling, walking, running and like you said, in a car. Use something like, "Could we speed up a little, please, we are going too slow." or "Can we go a little faster, please?"

Yes, "I need to change clothes." You don't need to put "my" clothes because you already said "I need". Lots of people will put the "my" in the sentence, but it is redundant.

Ken