1. Don8ld

Can anyone help me?

Hello all,

I'm a new comer in this forum so I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name's Donald and I'm 15 this year. I'm from Malaysia which is a country in South East Asia. So this September, I'm gonna further my studies in the United Kingdom to study my GCSE. I'm afraid that my English standard won't be able to match theirs in terms on speaking and writing so on. I need help on overcoming this. Where can I find exercises ? I'm now also trying to pick up reading.

If there's any grammar error please correct me. Thanks, I'm here to learn from you all.

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Can anyone help me?

Quote Originally Posted by Don8ld View Post
    Hello all,

I'm a new comer in this forum so I would like to introduce myself to you all. My name's Donald and I'm 15 this year. I'm from Malaysia which is a country in South East Asia. So this September, I am going to further my studies in the United Kingdom to study my GCSE. I'm afraid that my English standard won't be able to match theirs in terms on speaking and writing so on. I need help on overcoming this. Where can I find exercises ? I'm now also trying to pick up reading.

If there's any grammar error please correct me. Thanks, I'm here to learn from you all.
    Do not worry too much - you may well find on arrival that your written English is better than that of the others in your class, and you will soon learn to speak fluently once you are in the country and have to use it all the time. Do not be afraid to say if you do not understand something, and do not apologise for not being right in your speech. You are not alone in this!