• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • Sri Lanka
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Is this sentence grammatically and syntaxically right ?

Friends, I want to give reply of mine friend's mail, who has written very polite mail to me. So, I wanna use this sentence in my reply(mail) to him. But I'm confuse regarding the usage of "being" in that sentence. So, pls go through my sentence and tell me it's grammatically and syntaxically correct or not.

Sentence: Friend, thank you for being nice with me or Friend, thank you for nice with me.

Please tell me which one of them would be correct. If both of them r wrong then suggest one from your side.

Thanks

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Is this sentence grammatically and syntaxically right ?

Quote Originally Posted by razer View Post
    Friends, I want to give reply of mine friend's mail, who has written very polite mail to me. So, I wanna use this sentence in my reply(mail) to him. But I'm confuse regarding the usage of "being" in that sentence. So, pls go through my sentence and tell me it's grammatically and syntaxically correct or not.

Sentence: Friend, thank you for being nice with me or Friend, thank you for nice with me.

Please tell me which one of them would be correct. If both of them r wrong then suggest one from your side.

Thanks
    Hi razer,

You will definitely want to include the word "being" in your sentence. Thus, you would write:
    Friend, thank you for being nice with to me.
    Something that might sound a bit more natural is:
    (Dear) friend, Thank you for your __________.
    Fill in the blank with kindness, thoughtfulness, hospitality, or any other adjective that you may find decribes your friend's consideration.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Tamil
      • Home Country:
      • Sri Lanka
      • Current Location:
      • Spain

Re: Is this sentence grammatically and syntaxically right ?

Thanks a lot teacher