Results 1 to 6 of 6
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 1,630
    #1

    Postphone of party

    May I know whether the following sentence is OK?

    "This is to confirm that my daughter's birthday party scheduled on April 25, 09 will be further postphoned due to the unavailability of the majority of the guests. Let's look for another day of having fun."

    Tks / ju

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 907
    #2

    Re: Postphone of party

    Dear ju:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    May I know whether the following sentence is OK?

    "This is to confirm that my daughter's birthday party, scheduled for April 25, 09, will be further[you only need the word 'further' if the [arty has already been postponed once. If this is the first postponement, leave it out.) postponed (no 'h') due to the unavailability of [(the majority) or you can just say 'most of') of the guests. Let's look for another day of having fun."

    Tks / ju
    I hope this is useful,

    Petra

    PS: Please pass on my birthday wishes to your daughter

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 1,630
    #3

    Re: Postphone of party

    Quote Originally Posted by pyoung View Post
    Dear ju:



    I hope this is useful,

    Petra

    PS: Please pass on my birthday wishes to your daughter
    Dear Petra,

    Thank you for your kindness, you are so sweet & your advice is very helpful.

    Please find my correction as follow.

    "This is to confirm that my daughter's birthday party, scheduled for April 25, 09, will be further due to the unavailability of the majority. Let's look for another day for having fun."


    Tks / ju

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 907
    #4

    Re: Postphone of party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    Dear Petra,

    Thank you for your kindness, you are so sweet & your advice is very helpful.

    Please find my correction as follow.

    "This is to confirm that my daughter's birthday party, scheduled for April 25, 09, will be postponed due to the unavailability of the majority of the guests. Let's look for another day for having fun."


    Tks / ju
    Dear ju:

    Oops! I didn't write very clearly! The word 'further' should be omitted and the word 'postponed' should go in its place. Also, either 1) ..due to the unavailability of most of the guests.' or 2) due to the unavailability of the majority of the guests.'

    I hope this is more clearly explained,

    Petra

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

    • Join Date: Nov 2006
    • Posts: 1,630
    #5

    Re: Postphone of party

    Quote Originally Posted by pyoung View Post
    Dear ju:

    Oops! I didn't write very clearly! The word 'further' should be omitted and the word 'postponed' should go in its place. Also, either 1) ..due to the unavailability of most of the guests.' or 2) due to the unavailability of the majority of the guests.'

    I hope this is more clearly explained,

    Petra
    Petra,

    It is the second time the party being postponed, can you suggest a way to emphasize it?

    ju

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Oct 2008
    • Posts: 907
    #6

    Re: Postphone of party

    Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    Petra,

    It is the second time the party being postponed, can you suggest a way to emphasize it?

    ju
    Then you are right. It should be 'further postponed.' Sorry for the confusion.

    To sum up:
    "This is to confirm that my daughter's birthday party, re-scheduled for April 25, 09, will be further postponed due to the unavailability of the majority of the guests. Let's look for another day for having fun."

    P.

Similar Threads

  1. check my writings
    By amit sharma in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-Jan-2008, 23:18
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 24-Nov-2006, 04:03
  3. Christmas party season approaches - what will be expected?
    By Archie in forum Editing & Writing Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-Nov-2005, 12:55

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •