• Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

• Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Please, Please Help!

Hi everybody,
    I really need your help with this...I’m looking for some informal or common used Adjs for babies when they say clever things in a an attractive way...Saying such very nice things they sound very bright for their age.........................I know this doesn’t sound right, but I‘m giving you this word-by-word translation from my language (Persian), so that this may give you an idea what I’m looking for........Please Help if you can,...So many thanks! Ex: “She’s such a Sweet-Tongue baby!”
    “Sweet-Tongue”, is the adj in Persian and I’m looking for its English equivalent. (Preferably British usage)

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: Please, Please Help!

These are all remote possibilities, but none of them does the job:

precocious
    charming
    showing a naïve simplicity [very academic]
    child-like

People often use a biblical phrase for when a young child says something perceptive and true: 'Out of the mouths of babes and sucklings...'. (The biblical uses - I think there are two - are not very relevant, and are pretty obscure, so people who use the first phrases seldom complete the sentence.)

b

PS There are terms that sound like the Persian - 'sweet-tongued', 'silver-tongued' - but neither of these applies to children, so don't be led astray by an apparently neat 'translation'.
    Last edited by BobK; 22-Apr-2009 at 11:51. Reason: Added PS