Results 1 to 8 of 8
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 51
    #1

    scamboogah

    Hi! I'm looking for the meaning of this strange word. Perhaps it is an American neologism but I didn't manage to understand when it is used and why.
    Is there anyone who can help me?
    Thanks a lot in advance.


    Sonyet

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Sep 2008
    • Posts: 132
    #2

    Re: scamboogah

    sorry that I couldn't find 'soynet'.
    please confirm the spelling.

    But,
    'Sonnet' means A verse form consisting of 14 lines with a fixed rhyme scheme

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 92
    #3

    Re: scamboogah

    Quote Originally Posted by sonyet View Post
    Hi! I'm looking for the meaning of this strange word. Perhaps it is an American neologism but I didn't manage to understand when it is used and why.
    Is there anyone who can help me?
    Thanks a lot in advance.


    Sonyet
    Hi!
    I suppose you are looking for the meaning of the word "Scamboogah".
    I also suppose that this strange word means a person who scams (cheats) another.
    Synonyms: Scammer, Swindler, Defrauder etc...

    Just my 2 cents.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 51
    #4

    Re: scamboogah

    Yes, "scamboogah" was the word. Can't it be something like "mess", "row", "din"?
    Thanks again.
    Sonyet

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Russian
      • Home Country:
      • Germany
      • Current Location:
      • Germany

    • Join Date: Aug 2008
    • Posts: 92
    #5

    Re: scamboogah

    Quote Originally Posted by sonyet View Post
    Yes, "scamboogah" was the word. Can't it be something like "mess", "row", "din"?
    Thanks again.
    Sonyet
    Hi!

    I had a little time to find this information on the internet.

    Scamboogah:
    Definition:

    Noun
    A shady, rotten, lowdown, jive-ass turkey.

    Link:

    Say what?: Pest Control, How May I Help You? Scamboogahs?!!! Sir, I Think You'd Better Leave The House Until We Get There.

    Maybe you read the same book...

    Take care...

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Bengali; Bangla
      • Home Country:
      • Bangladesh
      • Current Location:
      • Bangladesh

    • Join Date: Sep 2008
    • Posts: 132
    #6

    Re: scamboogah

    Sorry Sonyet! I could not understand the question! Now I did!

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 51
    #7

    Re: scamboogah

    Quote Originally Posted by abdmlkbd View Post
    Sorry Sonyet! I could not understand the question! Now I did!
    No problem and thanks anyway for your your reply.

    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Italian
      • Home Country:
      • Italy
      • Current Location:
      • Italy

    • Join Date: Apr 2009
    • Posts: 51
    #8

    Re: scamboogah

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicky_K View Post
    Hi!

    I had a little time to find this information on the internet.

    Scamboogah:
    Definition:

    Noun
    A shady, rotten, lowdown, jive-ass turkey.

    Link:

    Say what?: Pest Control, How May I Help You? Scamboogahs?!!! Sir, I Think You'd Better Leave The House Until We Get There.

    Maybe you read the same book...

    Take care...
    Great! I don't think the book is the same, but the meaning is perfect. Thanks a lot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •