• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

generate/raise/credit

Please help me understand the following in bold in easy English.

... the greatest product can fail due to inadequate processes. I recall an issue of an on line business where organizations registered to partake and were then charged an annual fee. The organizational processes were such that not all invoices were generated. Over the years of the existence of the company a large sum of potential income was forgone as the process of companies registering was not connected to the financial invoicing process.
    Another frequent finance process which fails is that of raising credit notes. I was recently discussing an issue in a company where a debt which was approximately 4 years outstanding remains so because the minimal credit note required to eradicate the dispute has never been raised..... Our salesman had told us that the quality of the product was 'fit for purpose'. Within 5 minutes of the visit I could see that this was patently untrue and advised him to throw it all in the bin and I would credit the entire amount the next day, which I did.

Thank you.

Re: generate/raise/credit

... the greatest product can fail due to inadequate processes. I recall an issue of an on line business where organizations registered to partake and were then charged an annual fee. The organizational processes were such that not all invoices were generated. Over the years of the existence of the company a large sum of potential income was forgone as the process of companies registering was not connected to the financial invoicing process.
    Another frequent finance process which fails is that of raising credit notes. I was recently discussing an issue in a company where a debt which was approximately 4 years outstanding remains so because the minimal credit note required to eradicate the dispute has never been raised..... Our salesman had told us that the quality of the product was 'fit for purpose'. Within 5 minutes of the visit I could see that this was patently untrue and advised him to throw it all in the bin and I would credit the entire amount the next day, which I did.
    1. were such that = organizations registered to partake and were then charged an annual fee
    2. not all invoices were generated = not all invoices were made3. raising = increasing
    4. raised = increased
    5. credit = put the amount of money into a bank account (i am not sure about it )