• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Persian
      • Home Country:
      • Iran
      • Current Location:
      • Iran

unnatural english sentences

hi,these sentences do not sound natural in english, so they need correction.what is ur suggestion?

1-since 1976, the women has joined the popular army,and has been permitted to join the armed forces and to acquire an equal military rank.other laws have extended the mother's leave before and after delivery, and granted the mother an additional two-year leave to take care of her child under four years of age.

2- A hold-up (robbery) took place of a motorcycle rider at kampung early yeasterday morning.

Re: unnatural english sentences

Quote Originally Posted by ali20ast View Post
    hi,these sentences do not sound natural in English, so they need correction. what is your suggestion?

1-Since 1976, the women has women have joined the popular army. They are now permitted to join the armed forces and to acquire an equal military rank military ranks equal to their male peers. Other laws have extended the mother's leave before and after delivery, and have granted the mother an additional two-year leave to take care of her child under four years of age.

2- A hold-up (robbery) of a motorcyclist took place at Kampung early yesterday morning.