Arrow collude

Hello,

While translating a scientific document, I came accross this sentence:

"Because one of these free parameters has essentially no influence on calculations of our current universe, Bojowald colludes that it cannot be used as a tool for back-calculating its value in the earlier universe before the Big Bounce."

I searched the meaning of the verb "to collude" through several internet resources, but couldn't get a sound meaning to explain this sentence. Could a valuable member of this forum help by explaining Bojowald's approach in other words? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: collude

Quote Originally Posted by Sed View Post
    Hello,

While translating a scientific document, I came accross this sentence:

"Because one of these free parameters has essentially no influence on calculations of our current universe, Bojowald colludes that it cannot be used as a tool for back-calculating its value in the earlier universe before the Big Bounce."

I searched the meaning of the verb "to collude" through several internet resources, but couldn't get a sound meaning to explain this sentence. Could a valuable member of this forum help by explaining Bojowald's approach in other words? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Best Regards,
    The word is almost certainly meant to be "concludes" - "comes to the conclusion..."

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    The word is almost certainly meant to be "concludes" - "comes to the conclusion..."
    I thought the same, but I concluded that such a mistake should not exist in a scientific, public article. However, as you are a native English speaker as far as I can see in your profile, I will follow your recommendation. Thanks a lot!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

I agree with Ray, unless astronomers feel guilty about calculating the universal constants in times before our own.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

collude SYLLABICATION:col·ludePRONUNCIATION: k-ldINTRANSITIVE VERB:Inflected forms: col·lud·ed, col·lud·ing, col·ludes
    To act together secretly to achieve a fraudulent, illegal, or deceitful purpose; conspire. ETYMOLOGY:Latin colldere : com-, com- + ldere, to play; see leid- in Appendix I. OTHER FORMS:col·luderNOUN

Perhaps this is one for the conspiracy theorists?