Question Which is my level of English?

Sometimes is very difficult to understand if my English is good or not. I know that it should not never an excellent English because I will remain Italian, with my accent and my own language background.

But, at the end, I cannot understand where I am... for example, just yesterday talking with a British lady about some sentences I normally use in my CV she noticed a mistake:

I use to write I have broad experience in Project Management... and she said to put the article a, like I have a broad experience in Project Management...

Now, I am quite sure that I am right because it was exactly my mistake I used to make in the past, when my English was worst than now. In fact, I used to write I have a broad experience... but many teachers told me that it was a mistake.

The question is, if a British lady make the same mistake, what does it mean? I can suppose my English is not so bad and almost good, cannot I?

Re: Which is my level of English?

"I have a broad experience in..." is fine.

Say: What (not which) is my level of English?

I have broad experience of something is fine - no need for the article.

Not all native-born English are completely excellent at their own language. So far as I can judge from your posts, you have a good grasp of English syntax and vocabulary, maybe limited to your job but that is not a disadvantage.

You may feel you will never be completely fluent, but evidence seems to indicate that you are well on the way.

Question Re: Which is my level of English?

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    I have broad experience of something is fine - no need for the article.

Not all native-born English are completely excellent at their own language. So far as I can judge from your posts, you have a good grasp of English syntax and vocabulary, maybe limited to your job but that is not a disadvantage.

You may feel you will never be completely fluent, but evidence seems to indicate that you are well on the way.
    Thank you for your encouragement, very much appreciated.

It is very important what you say, it happens in Italy too and if it happens even in Italy it would happen in any countries. But, how can I understand when I am right or not?

For example, I have an important question about the conditional tenses.

When I write something about something I want to do using the conditional I have to write:

I wanted to write a letter to Ann telling her... (is it correct?)

Another example is:

I was very interested to see you advertisement on the Internet and would like to be considered for this position.

I am quite sure that is correct as I read it from a British book for Business letter including CV presentations. But, when I showed it to a British lady (not the same above) she said it was not correct because it was a past tense and I would write 'I am very interested...' - I understood that she did not know the conditional forms and I did not care her but how can I recognise errors when I am not sure about them?