Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expressions in bold?
1.1. I will try hard to answer all the questions as clear as I only could.
I will try hard = I will do my best
2. He'll also take a hand in this business.
take a hand = participate,
3.Furthermore, how would he be able to decipher the guilty from the innocent?
decipher = identify, distinguish
4. Steven, as one could have gathered, was a person who did not permit his first instinct to determine his actions.
gather = deduce, understand
5. He gave some thought to any happening which, in his mind, was of any significance.
to give some thought = to take some thought = to give consideration
6. He retraced his steps in order to direct the officers to the scene of the violence.
retrace his steps = go back the same way
7. I wonder how they got wind of it.
get wind of = learn of; hear a rumor about
Thank you for your efforts.
Your interpretations of the expressions are correct
the last one - to get wind of - learn of; hear about sth