Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to tell me your opinion concerning the following sentences?
1. The body behaves as if it were given a supply of energy at the start.
2. She speaks of him as if she knew him well.
3. They discussed the subject as though they had studied it before.
4. You seem to have been crying.
5. He terats me as if I were his servant.
6. He treats me as though I was his servant.
7. He pressed the matter as if he couldn’t wait a bit.
8. I had feeling it was as if a weight had been taken off my back.
9. Ann sounds as though she’s got a cold.
10. Ann sounds as if she’s got a cold, doesn’t she?
11. The house looked as if nobody was living in it.
12. I’ve just come back from vacation, but I feel tired and depressed. I don’t feel as if I’ve had a vacation.
13. You look tired. You look as if you haven’t slept.
14. Tom sounded worried. Tom sounded as if he was worried.
15. Tom is very late, isn’t he? It looks as if he isn’t coming.
16. He took an umbrella because it looked as if it was going to rain.
17. Do you hear that music next door? It sounds as if they are having party, doen’t it?
18. It smells as though someone has been smoking in here.
19. He ran as if he were running for his life.
20. After interruption, she continued talking as if nothing had happened.
21. When I told them my plan, they looked at me as if I were insane.
22. I don’t like Norman. He talks as if he knew everything.
23. Harry is only 50. Why do you talk about him as if he were an old man?
24. I was as if struck by lightning.
25. Kiss me. Kiss me as if it were the last time.
26. She looks as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth.
Thank you for your efforts.
Last edited by vil; 27-May-2009 at 07:53.
Last edited by Offroad; 27-May-2009 at 23:58.
Teachers, could you please proofread those sentences?
Do you really think that the present thread is a truly sticky thread?