1. Unregistered

to know

how can i be able to speak English fluently and correctly? is there any process to learn these within very short time? pls do know me the way. how long it would take to learn.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

Re: to know

Different people learn at different speeds. However, for the vast majority, there is no very quick way to learn a language.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Brazilian Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Brazil
      • Current Location:
      • Brazil

Smile Re: to know

Quote Originally Posted by Tdol View Post
    Different people learn at different speeds. However, for the vast majority, there is no very quick way to learn a language.
    The very same vast majority does not accept that, they think it is like drinking liquid from a bottle that says "English", or "German".

Last edited by Offroad; 29-May-2009 at 23:29. Reason: multiple typos, and this .... slow wireless connection that drops randomly, which is driving me crazy!

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Re: to know

Quote Originally Posted by marciobarbalho View Post
    The very same vast majority does not accept that, they think it is like drinking liquid from a bottle that says "English", or "German".

No doubt they are encouraged by all those books entitled "Learn English in 30 days" and the like. If all you want to do is to ask the way to the post office, such books can be useful; but don't expect to understand the reply.