Hello lyfenThe Subjunctive is often used when talking about something that somebody must do.
- I insist (that) your friend leave this house at once.
Verbs that are commonly used with the subjunctive are: advise, ask, beg, decide, decree, desire, dictate, insist, intend, move, order, petition, propose, recommend, request, require, resolve, suggest, urge, and vote.
- Tom suggested that his friends stay over for the night.
- Sam propoed that Tom telephone his accountant.
- She recommended that he go and see a doctor.
- The manager requested that everyone put their requests in writing.
- He insisted that she stay until the end of the week.
- The Queen commands that he attend the ceremony.
- He urged that a business manager be hired to help things run more smoothly.
- I simply requested, politely, that she refrain from smoking in my house.
Source The Subjunctive