1. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Portuguese-English translation

First of all, thanks in advance for any advice the board teachers can give me about the bellow text.
    Second...I just hope i'm posting the question in the right area! If not, my apologies!

This is rock band "bio" sketch, originally written in portuguese and translated by me to english. In it's original form, it's intended to be a "light" aproach with some sense of humor, but still delivering to the reader all the "essencial" facts about this music project. As a portuguese myself, i know that this goal was achieved in the original text...The issue comes with the translation, and that's why i'm sending this "S.O.S." to someone that could walk me through the process

All names are portuguese names (except the bands name: MIST) and a big part of the message is fictional in order to keep a certain "out of the loop" mood to the BIO itself.

Any help/sugestions about used sentences and words (this is tough to explain) to keep things more in an "everyday english" rather than a too formal one; grammar and the text structure itself would be highly appreciated

Sorry for any mistake/mispelled word

Text:

“When Gameiro arrived to the Earth, coming from his home planet Psychon 5, he was carrying on his luggage a small Pandora box with a few songs and lyrics on it. All Earthlings found it too much alien, except Johnny (João Veiga for his friends) that embraced the project and soon both thought they could reach warp speed. The Admiral (sometimes known has Jorge Silva) was literally dying to try lower frequencies and so he joined them. In a misty and foggy morning the three of them headed straight to the unknown and found Migas (Codename: Miguel Rodrigues) freely floating in his electronic cloud. They shouted “Hey!” over and over again until they finally got his attention and persuade him to join this galactic micro-army armed with hope in the voice and stars in the hands. Unexplainable, MIST was born.”

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Portuguese
      • Home Country:
      • Tuvalu
      • Current Location:
      • Tuvalu

Re: Portuguese-English translation

just a student.
    I think your text is GREAT!
    congratulations.
    just a student.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

When he arrived on Earth, he was carrying in his luggage....

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • Laos

'Pandora box' sounds a bit strange without -'s at the end.

3. Newbie
    Student or Learner

Thank you all for the replies and advices :) and jctgf...Glad you liked it :)