• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Hong Kong
      • Current Location:
      • Hong Kong

to replace 'get'

I am trying to think of different verbs to put in the following situations to replace 'get/got''.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

When Karen arrived got home from school, she took got her tennis racket then boarded got on her bike and wentgot over to Helen's house.

Helen hold got her racket and a tennis ball and they started got playing right away. Helen won got the first game but Karencaught up got the next two.

After a while Helen went to buy get some Cokes. It was a few minutes before shecame got back.

"I had toanswer get the phone," she said, "your mum says to go get home right away. Your dad's just bought got a new car!"
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Your comments please / ju

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

Re: to replace 'get'

Quote Originally Posted by Ju View Post
    I am trying to think of different verbs to put in the following situations to replace 'get/got''.
    __________________________________________________ ___________

When Karen arrived got home from school, she took got her tennis racket then mounted got on her bike and wentgot over to Helen's house.

Helen fetched got her racket and a tennis ball and they started got playing right away. Helen won got the first game but Karen won got the next two.

After a while Helen went to buy get some Cokes. It was a few minutes before shecame got back.

"I had toanswer get the phone," she said, "your mum says to go get home right away. Your dad's just bought got a new car!"
    __________________________________________________ ____________

Your comments please / ju
    Bhai.

Re: to replace 'get'

When Karen arrived/returned home from school, she picked up her tennis racket then climbed on her bike androde over to Helen's house.

Helen gathered her racket and a tennis ball, and they started/began/set toplaying right away. Helen won the first game but Karen won the next two.

After a while, Helen went to buy/pick up some Cokes. It was a few minutes before she came back.

"I had to answer/pick upthe phone," she said, "your mum says to go home right away. Your dad's just bought a new car!"

Technically, we don't know that he has bought the car. That is the most likely scenario, but he could have acquired it by some other means... perhaps he was given one at work or won it through a lottery.