• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Korean
      • Home Country:
      • South Korea
      • Current Location:
      • South Korea

Smile repossessed

These sentences below are from the novel, <repossessed> by A. M. Jenkins. I can't follow what underlined sentences means exactly. Please help!!!

"I was weak. I had broken, and without a thought had hurt another being.
    I was disgusted with myself.
    Was this what being human did to you? Warped you so that all you could think about was the tiny points at which other people's lives intersected yours? Made you forget that every one of these points has not only a history but an infinite number of possible futures that can be spun out or stunted - or even unraveled to make more possibilites?"

(In this novel, the speaker is a fallen angel who stole a body and became human for some time. He is speaking to himself now.)

Re: repossessed

"I was weak. I had broken, and without a thought had hurt another being.
    I was disgusted with myself.
    The
    character caused some emotional pain in someone else. If you "break" someone it means they won't be okay--you harmed them very deeply. Imagine their internal strength is like a teacup and now it is broken, so they have no strength and all they can do is lay on the ground and cry.

Was this what being human did to you? Warped you so that all you could think about was the tiny points at which other people's lives intersected yours? Made you forget that every one of these points has not only a history but an infinite number of possible futures that can be spun out or stunted - or even unraveled to make more possibilites?"
    The angel is saying that his/her friend who stole the body cannot see the "big picture" any more. "She can't see the forest for the trees" he/she can only concentrate on the present, and not how the present affects the future.