Student or Learner
Would you be kind enough to tell me whether I am right with my interpretation of the expressions in bold in the following sentences?
1. It is quite a revelatuion, I never knew he played the piano so well.
It is quite a revelation = It is a sensational disclosure = Well, that’s news.
2. This was revealed in a latter written some time ago.
was revealed = was disclosed = came to light
3. He didn’t reveal his feelings.
reveal = disclose = show
4. The truth was revealed quite by accident.
was revealed = was disclosed
5. She revealed the secrets to us.
revealed = disclosed
6. He revealed to us that he had been ill for years.
7. The document revealed her to be a conscious employee.
8. Why don't you reveal your thoughts to me?
9. Drawing back the curtain, they revealed the sleeping newly-married couple.
Thank you for your efforts.
I feel 'sensational' might be a bit strong in the first.