hold up: used when
making a telephone call or calling up somebody
come up: approximate to come
- At least we have come a few years closer to catching up.
- The seedling are coming up full and green.
- Troy seems to be anxious about the test coming up.
- Sometimes the rector came up and preached a sermon.
- I was waiting for my friend to come and pick me up.
- The corporal and two soldiers had come up in the meantime.
- The achievement came up to advanced world standard.
- To come up from behind;overtake.