Results 1 to 4 of 4

    • Join Date: Jun 2009
    • Posts: 2
    #1

    hardly/seldom

    What is the difference between hardly/seldom ? Please tell me.

  1. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,626
    #2

    Re: hardly/seldom

    Quote Originally Posted by thadtanone2002 View Post
    What is the difference between hardly/seldom ? Please tell me.
    He hardly ever goes to London.
    He seldom goes to London.


    • Join Date: Jun 2009
    • Posts: 2
    #3

    Re: hardly/seldom

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    He hardly ever goes to London.
    He seldom goes to London.
    I understand that hardly = never go to London
    seldom = sometimes go to London
    Is it OK?

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,626
    #4

    Re: hardly/seldom

    Quote Originally Posted by thadtanone2002 View Post
    I understand that hardly = never go to London
    seldom = sometimes go to London
    Is it OK?
    Hardly ever = rarely.
    Seldom = sometimes but not very often.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •