could someone do me a favour and check this (out) ?

Hi, I'm especially woried about the grammar part, particularly as far as the usage of the past perfect tense is concerned... is it necessary or not? Generally speaking, if u could check the grammar I'd be grateful!

I wasn't sure if you'd got back or not from Gotland. I bet you had a good time there. Don't worry, my wallet is also a bit deserted as far as cash is concerned ;) Well, thankfully I still have some resources on my magic account but these are for another joruney. We got back home as planned on Thursday evening. We'd been in Stockholm from 6.30 till 1, and then we'd gone straight to Skavsta. The locker hadn't been a problem at all, 40crowns that's it. Generally speaking, Stockholm did not surprise me with it's expensiveness... I had been expecting that from the previous days in Sweeden & Norway (eg. disasterous muffin! LOL :D)

We managed to visit the Vasa Museum... WOW, amazing! Simply fabulous! I love it! This is the best thing I've seen in Stockholm! The rest of the city was OK, however I guess I prefer Oslo but I still can't make up my mind and I'm not sure why.

And now... back to reality... Today I've called the British Counsulate cause I've been hoping to get a job there for the upcoming holiday period, but unfortunately the post is occupied already. I'm thinking about the Canary Islands though, and of course about my thesis which is becoming my nightmare cause there's little time for that. Once I've finnaly written it I'll have to decide what to do next.

I'm expectiong you in my country :) I do hope you'll make it and I strongly hope you'll be lucky enough to be here when some sunny weather shows up cause nowdays it's raining cats and dogs! That is preposterous, isn't it :D ?

I'm going to upload some pictures from Stock so have your fingers on the pulse.

Thanks againg for those fantastic days in Sweeden and Norway. I had lots of laugh, LOL :D and I'm really surprised that we succeded in seeing so many places! It was a great deal of fun for me and I have to tell you that before the journey I had wondered if I should go or not, if I have time and cash for that. Now I feel like that was the best week in many many years to me.

thanks
    Last edited by forum_mail; 22-Jun-2009 at 15:35.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Romania

Re: could someone do me a favour and check this (out) ?

Quote Originally Posted by forum_mail View Post
    Hi, I'm especially woried about the grammar part, particularly as far as the usage of the past perfect tense is concerned... is it necessary or not? Generally speaking, if u could check the grammar I'd be grateful!

I wasn't sure if you'd got back or not from Gotland. I bet you had a good time there. Don't worry, my wallet is also a bit deserted as far as cash is concerned ;) Well, thankfully I still have some resources on my magic account but these are for another joruney. We got back home as planned on Thursday evening. We'd been in Stockholm from 6.30 till 1, and then we'd gone straight to Skavsta. The locker hadn't been a problem at all, 40crowns that's it. Generally speaking, Stockholm did not surprise me with it's expensiveness... I had been expecting that from the previous days in Sweeden & Norway (eg. disasterous muffin! LOL :D)
    I would change the above verbs to past tense because you are describing a natural sequence of events. I had been, in contrast is used here because you are referring to before the journey.

We managed to visit the Vasa Museum... WOW, amazing! Simply fabulous! I love it! This is the best thing I've seen in Stockholm! The rest of the city was OK, however I guess I prefer Oslo but I still can't make up my mind and I'm not sure why.

And now... back to reality... Today I've called the British Counsulate cause I've been hoping to get a job there for the upcoming holiday period, but unfortunately the post is occupied already. I'm thinking about the Canary Islands though, and of course about my thesis which is becoming my nightmare cause there's little time for that. Once I've finnaly finallywritten it I'll have to decide what to do next.

I'm expectiong you in my country :) I do hope you'll make it and I strongly hope you'll be lucky enough to be here when some sunny weather shows up cause nowdays nowadaysit's raining cats and dogs! That is preposterous, isn't it :D ?

I'm going to upload some pictures from Stock so have your fingers on the pulse.

Thanks againg for those fantastic days in Sweeden Swedenand Norway. I had lots of laughs, LOL :D and I'm really surprised that we succeeded in seeing so many places! It was a great deal of fun for me and I have to tell you that before the journey I had wondered if I should go or not, if I have time and cash for that. Now I feel like that was the best week in many many years to me.

thanks
    See above - there are a couple of spelling errors which I thought were more than just typing errors. In addition I would use ' before 'cause' ie. 'cause. It indicates that the word is shortened.
    Hope this helps.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Canada
      • Current Location:
      • Canada

Re: could someone do me a favour and check this (out) ?

I agree with Heywood. Also, most of your tenses can be put into the simple preterite.