1. Unregistered

Formal letter for US administration

Hello,

I recently traveled to New York and I lost the inmigration form I had to surrender before my return to Spain. Now I have to write a letter in order to probe I left the USA, as they have informed my at the US embassy in Spain. I'd like to ask you to check my letter before I send it in order to confirm me that everything is all right.

Thank you in advance,

---

ACS-USCIS SBU
    1084 South Laurel Rd
    London KY 40744
    USA

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is XXX, of Spanish nationality, born on July Xth, 19XX, with passport number XXXXX (date of issue: April XX, XXXX; date of expiration: January XX, XXXX) and e-mail address XXXXX@XXX.XXX.

I recently traveled on a holiday journey to New York, from June Xth to Xth. I returned on June XXth, on flight XX 111, with origin in NYC-KENNEDY and destination Madrid, as justified on Boarding Pass copy that I enclose.

The reason of this letter is inform you that I lost my visa waiver form (I-94W) that I had to surrender at JFK Airport when I left the United States.

Following U.S. Embassy in Spain telephone instructions, I attach the next documentation in order to demonstrate my return to XXXXX, Spain:

1. Returning flight Boarding Pass copy.
    2. Certificate of attendance to work.
    3. Dated credit card receipts for transactions I have made in Spain after I departed the U.S.

Thank you for your prompt attention to my request.

Yours faithfuly,

Re: Formal letter for US administration

Sorry: I mean "prove" and "informed me".

Could anyone please tell me just if I have commited some serious mistake?

Thanks a lot,

I am not a teacher, but I am a native speaker. I am posting a slight edit of your letter here. While your original letter would get your point across, this should clean up a few things.

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is XXX, of Spanish nationality, born on July Xth, 19XX, with passport number XXXXX (date of issue: April XX, XXXX; date of expiration: January XX, XXXX) and e-mail address EMAIL REMOVED - Send PM to This User Instead.

I recently traveled to New York on a holiday vacation, from June Xth to Xth. I returned on June XXth, on flight XX 111, leaving from NYC-KENNEDY airport to Madrid, Spain, as shown on the Boarding Pass copy that I enclosed.

The reason of this letter is to inform you that I lost my visa waiver form (I-94W) that I had to surrender at JFK Airport when I left the United States.

Following the Spain U.S. Embassy's telephone instructions, I am attaching a copy of documentation in order to demonstrate my return to XXXXX, Spain:

1. Returning flight Boarding Pass copy.
    2. Certificate of attendance to work.
    3. Dated credit card receipts for transactions I have made in Spain after I departed the U.S.

Thank you for your prompt attention to my request.

Yours faithfully,

-------

The bolded part I am not sure about ("I am attaching") because I am not sure if the documentation is with this letter, or you already sent it. If the documentation is with this letter, leave it how I have it written. If you already sent the next documentation and this letter is coming after that, make it "I attached a copy...".

Also, I changed the word "next documentation" to "a copy of the documentation". If this is a copy of the documentation you lost, the way I wrote it above should be correct.

Maybe an English teacher will want to make some further corrections, but I think the above should be clear as long as the two items I just mentioned above are correct with you.

EDIT: Corrected two more things. Added "Spain" in "Madrid, Spain" and added "the" in front of "the Spain U.S. Embassy"

Thanks a lot, Jackolantern!

You're very welcome