Want to clarify the meaning of " Recognize" and " Realize", what are the differences?
realize - Definition from Longman English Dictionary Online
If you realize a fact, you know and understand it, or begin to understand it
• Do you realize how dangerous this is?
• I realized that the job was going to take longer than I thought.
If you recognize a fact or problem, you accept that it exists
• We recognize that many students need extra help.
• The government does not recognize the need for more funding.
!! Realize is not followed by 'about' or 'of'
• She already had a boyfriend, but I didn't realize this (NOT didn't realize about this).