A listening question

RTHK Radio 3 is an english channel in HK. I've downloaded a news clip from its website to listen, but I could not listen clearly to what the anchor said from 2:26 -2:32. The above clip is English Hourly News. Can anyone help me to listen and type out what he said during the stated interval?
    Last edited by yeungtszkit0; 29-Jun-2009 at 03:36.

Re: A listening question

I believe this is the part you wanted? If you need something more/different please let me know.

"The family of Michael Jackson is reported to have asked for a second autopsy as it seeks answers about the singer's death two days ago in Los Angeles. The city's coroner said on Friday that his examination of the popstar's body revealed no evidence of foul play."

(I am not a teacher.)

Zjennin, I also could not hear clearly what the anchor has said from 1:33 - 1:44 in the clip English Hourly News, please help! Thanks.

I'm not sure about the policeman's last name, but here it is. I hope this is the part you wanted.

"The police say a car belonging to the performer's personal doctor has been impounded to see if it contains evidence relevant to the inquiry. The doctor was with the singer when he collapsed at his home on Thursday. The police spokesman, Charlie Beg(?) said that the doctor was cooperating."

Zjennin, while I listened to the clip in the first post, at 7:24, the anchor said "Authorities say when the liquid ? is processed or dried...." I cannot hear the word labeled with ?. Please help!

"Authorities say when the liquid meth is processed or dried is will turn to crystals, forming what is known as 'ice'."

They said 'meth', a shortened version of 'methamphetamine'.

Zjennin, in the clip English Hourly News , at 16:15, the anchor later said " ... get the? from the government", what is the?. Thanks.

"... get the nod from the government."

nod- approval