Looking for a word

I [court reporter] had a guidance counselor testify as follows (when talking about a student having problems with grades): ". . . the school psychologist had Bobby tested for LD or lins ability or cognitive recognition and the results all came up negative. . . ."

I'm looking for the lins/lance/lince word. I write it the way it is pronounced and that's what he said. I'm unable to find anything that makes sense.???

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

Re: Looking for a word

Could it be "lens' ability" as in, the lens of the eye's ability to focus properly or discern images correctly? I don't know very much about LD, but it seems as if apparent learning disabilities sometimes might be just a vision problem.
    I hope someone who knows more about LD and testing will answer you, since I'm not sure at all!

Martha

Now I'm wondering if it might be an acronym and will try searching with that in mind. Thanks for the reply!

LD ability is a term for an unspecified learning disorder: Handbook of Learning Disabilities - Google Books

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Peshtigo View Post
    I [court reporter] had a guidance counselor testify as follows (when talking about a student having problems with grades): ". . . the school psychologist had Bobby tested for LD or lins ability or cognitive recognition and the results all came up negative. . . ."

I'm looking for the lins/lance/lince word. I write it the way it is pronounced and that's what he said. I'm unable to find anything that makes sense.???
    LNS stands for Letter-Number-Sequencing among other things. In this context it's part of a learning difficulties test.
    Search for: <LNS "learning difficulty"> and you'll probably find what you want.