Compare and contrast love and hate

• Thread starter VanessaEsco
  • Start date
  • Views : 60,599
Status
Not open for further replies.
V

VanessaEsco

I need some ideas on writing a conclusion for a compare and contrast essay on love and hate.
please help!!

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I need some ideas on writing a conclusion for a compare and contrast essay on love and hate.
please help!!
Um ... you've written the essay. What is your conclusion? Do the terms mean the same thing? Are they antonyms? Are they used the same way but with opposite meanings? Did you come up with anything particularly noteworthy in your discussion? What impression do you want to leave your reader with?

The conclusion is meant to follow directly from the body of the essay, and usually restates in some way the theme as presented in the introduction, along with a brief summary of the main arguments in the body of the essay. It should not introduce new material. Ideally, it should contain a statement that brings all your ideas together.

V

Vanessa Esco

Compare and contrast essay love and hate

Love and hate are the two most important feelings anyone could ever feel in there entire lives but not only are they the most important but they are also the most strongest. Many people would say these two emotions are completely the opposite of one another but others might say that they are almost exactly alike. I guess some people believe that they are linked to each other because they both lead us to the same kind of crazy behavior .Throughout history love and hate has defined human kind; there has been many wars fought for the love in our hearts and many more for the hatred in our souls.
Love is wanting the best for people, hate is wanting terrible things for them. Love is to show affection from the heart and hate is to show despise and cold-heartedness. To love is to give someone something special and not expect anything in return, to hate is to not give anything at all and expect everything in return. Love can make you produce a life; hate can make you take a life away. Love is what you feel when you find your one and only, hate is what you feel when someone takes them away. Hate is the absence of love. We love to hate and we hate to love.
Love is not always a positive wonderful thing people always make it to be. It can be just as hurtful as hate when you love someone you know you can’t ever have or when you love someone that abuses you physically, mentally, and spiritually. It’s a known fact that almost all abused women go back to their abusers, sometimes they even pay for their bail to take them out of jail when the abuser was their for beating them in the first place. In the United States 52% of murdered women are killed in their own home by their abusive partner all because they love them so much! Hate can sometimes bring positive feelings too. Hating a rival and beating them in something can really bring your spirits up and motivate you to move even more forward.
Scientists have shown love and hate share identical structures. They both are related to the putamen and insula in your brain which are linked to aggression and distress. These two emotions can be an all consuming passions; you can love a person so much but if they do something wrong to you, you can also feel hate for that moment. When you love someone you can hate some things about them, and when you hate someone you can love some things about them. You can say that they define each other, maybe without hate there would be no love. They are like two sides of the same coin.

* this is what i have so far but i need some ideas on the conclusion

Vanessaa

Member Type
Student or Learner
* CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I JUST NEED SOME IDEAS TO WRITE THE CONCLUSION

Love and hate are the two most important feelings anyone could ever feel in there entire lives but not only are they the most important but they are also the most strongest. Many people would say these two emotions are completely the opposite of one another but others might say that they are almost exactly alike. I guess some people believe that they are linked to each other because they both lead us to the same kind of crazy behavior .Throughout history love and hate has defined human kind; there has been many wars fought for the love in our hearts and many more for the hatred in our souls.
Love is wanting the best for people, hate is wanting terrible things for them. Love is to show affection from the heart and hate is to show despise and cold-heartedness. To love is to give someone something special and not expect anything in return, to hate is to not give anything at all and expect everything in return. Love can make you produce a life; hate can make you take a life away. Love is what you feel when you find your one and only, hate is what you feel when someone takes them away. Hate is the absence of love. We love to hate and we hate to love.
Love is not always a positive wonderful thing people always make it to be. It can be just as hurtful as hate when you love someone you know you can’t ever have or when you love someone that abuses you physically, mentally, and spiritually. It’s a known fact that almost all abused women go back to their abusers, sometimes they even pay for their bail to take them out of jail when the abuser was their for beating them in the first place. In the United States 52% of murdered women are killed in their own home by their abusive partner all because they love them so much! Hate can sometimes bring positive feelings too. Hating a rival and beating them in something can really bring your spirits up and motivate you to move even more forward.
Scientists have shown love and hate share identical structures. They both are related to the putamen and insula in your brain which are linked to aggression and distress. These two emotions can be an all consuming passions; you can love a person so much but if they do something wrong to you, you can also feel hate for that moment. When you love someone you can hate some things about them, and when you hate someone you can love some things about them. You can say that they define each other, maybe without hate there would be no love. They are like two sides of the same coin.

Anglika

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Member Type
Other
Re: Compare and contrast essay love and hate

Your essay - what are your conclusions? They need to summarise your position on each side of the argument and present a single final conclusion.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
* CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I JUST NEED SOME IDEAS TO WRITE THE CONCLUSION

You can say that they define each other, maybe without hate there would be no love. They are like two sides of the same coin.
That is your conclusion.
Your essay is mainly a catalogue of cliche`s about love and hate. Love is A, hate is B. Love is white, hate is black. Otherwise you haven't developed much of an argument to generate a conclusion apart from the one you are left with above.

qyhuo

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
France
according to your arguments, i think that the conclusion might be " without love, there is no hate" (it is love that give the birth to hate, but not like, first there is hate, then... )

Status
Not open for further replies.