correct?

Hi,

Could you please tell me whether the following sentence is correct:

The parties acknowledge that the signing of this contract is considered signing the contract for future contract.

Thanks a lot!

Hanka

Re: correct?

Sorry, Hanka, it looks like a nonsense.

Is it trying to say: The parties acknowledge that the signing of this contract will be considered as commitment to future contracts ??

Quote Originally Posted by Anglika View Post
    Sorry, Hanka, it looks like a nonsense.

Is it trying to say: The parties acknowledge that the signing of this contract will be considered as commitment to future contracts ??
    I think it just says that by signing that particular contract the parties sign a contract for a future contract (which is a contract on the basis of which they undertake to sign a contract in the future provided that specific conditions are met).

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

"...the parties sign a contract for a future contract (which is a contract on the basis of which they undertake to sign a contract in the future provided that specific conditions are met)."

This is not at all clear, no clearer than the original sentence, which seems to be deliberately designed to confuse the reader.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    Hi,

Could you please tell me whether the following sentence is correct:

The parties acknowledge that the signing of this contract is considered signing the contract for future contract.

Thanks a lot!

Hanka
    No, it's silly. If this contract tries to bind you to a future contract that you haven't even seen, run away from it. However, if what you have already agreed to for the future is in this contract, what is the need for these future contracts?
    Was this written by a lawyer?

Quote Originally Posted by Raymott View Post
    No, it's silly. If this contract tries to bind you to a future contract that you haven't even seen, run away from it. However, if what you have already agreed to for the future is in this contract, what is the need for these future contracts?
    Was this written by a lawyer?
    I am just translating this. But I think it is a contract which says that party A has an option to lease non-residential premises. Party A and party B entered into a contract which states that if party A exercises its option, the parties will conclude a lease contract the text of which is attached to this original contract.

• Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Hanka View Post
    I am just translating this. But I think it is a contract which says that party A has an option to lease non-residential premises. Party A and party B entered into a contract which states that if party A exercises its option, the parties will conclude a lease contract the text of which is attached to this original contract.
    So party A has a right, but not an obligation, to continue the contract at some specified time in the future; whereas party B has to honour the contract at that time in the future if party A wants to continue it, but party B cannot enforce the contract on party A at the future time?
    Party B agrees to extend or renew the contract in the future only if party A wants to do so.
    The way you have worded it originally does not distinguish between the rights of party A and party B in respect to the continuation of the contract.
    I think you need to understand exactly what the contract means before you try to translate it, especially if it's going to be legally binding.