Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. Member
    Student or Learner
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Algeria
      • Current Location:
      • Algeria

    • Join Date: Jan 2009
    • Posts: 173
    #1

    Smile difficult sentence

    dears in this sentence
    whereas at least 80% of the traffic is expected to travel off the
    local network and across the backbone.
    i don't understand travel off (i don't found it in dictionary)
    thanks

  2. opa6x57's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States

    • Join Date: Jul 2009
    • Posts: 139
    #2

    Re: difficult sentence

    I'm not a teacher...

    Quote Originally Posted by adel87 View Post
    dears in this sentence
    whereas at least 80% of the traffic is expected to travel off the
    local network and across the backbone.
    i don't understand travel off (i don't found it in dictionary)
    thanks

    The subject is 'the local network'.

    So, network traffic is either ON the local network, or OFF of the local network.

    The speaker is saying that about 20% of the network traffic will be on the local network. The other 80% will be OFF of the local network - on the backbone instead.

Similar Threads

  1. difficult sentence
    By adel87 in forum English Idioms and Sayings
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-Jul-2009, 05:45
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-Jun-2008, 12:24
  3. difficult sentence
    By Unregistered in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-May-2008, 18:05
  4. Attributive Clause - China Needs Your Help
    By ChinaDavid in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-Jan-2005, 16:56
  5. grammar
    By jiang in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 17-Dec-2003, 20:02

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •