Check it as soon as possible

Hi
    Please, I need you to check this and re-correct it for me:

(((I brought the homework to the class on last Wednesday, but I didn't know that we had to give it to you. I will bring it to the class tomorrow. However, what I did is comparing my personalty with my friend's personalty. So, if It has to be just me without comparing with anybody else, I will do the test again and bring it to the class tomorrow. Thank you)))
    Last edited by FLU$H; 13-Jul-2009 at 04:11.

Re: Check it as soon as possible

I am waiting for anyone who can help me. Please

I brought the homework to the class on last Wednesday, but I didn't know that we had to give it to you. I will bring it to the class tomorrow. However, what I did is comparing my personalty with my friend's personalty. So, if It has to be just me without comparing with anybody else, I will do the test again and bring it to the class tomorrow.

I brought the homework to the class on last Wednesday, but I didn't know that we had to give it to you. I will bring it to the class tomorrow. However, what I did is comparing was compare my personalty with my friend's personalty. So, if It it has to be just me without comparing with anybody else, I will do the test again and bring it to the class as I said, hand it in tomorrow.

'as I said' because you are actually repeating yourself though using different words - "I will bring it to class tomorrow...do the test again and as I said, hand it in tomorrow."
    Last edited by David L.; 13-Jul-2009 at 06:17.

Great. Appreciate it.
    but I have questions?
    1-why did you remove "the" before class? I will email it to me professor. so, I was meaning his class and that why I used "the"

2- " what I did, was compare! >> do you think this is ok. because there are three verbs "did" "was" "compare"? so

1. In the same way we say, "I will bring it to school (not 'the school') tomorrow." Perhaps it was the $ in your name that made me think you were American when you PM'd me - bring 'to class' is more American than British. In Britain, we are more likely to say 'the class' (since we are indicating 'to your class').

2. Again, this phrasing sounded very American to me, and so 'fitting'.
    If you wish to rephrase la Brit. Eng.:

However, what I did is comparing my personalty with my friend's personalty. So, if It has to be just me without comparing with anybody else, I will do the test again...

However, on the test, I compared my personality with that of a friend, rather than responding just in terms of myself. I will do the test again,...

Understand: without any real idea what I'm talking about when I try to rephrase about 'how you responded in "comparison" mode versus intend to redo the test 'in terms of myself', that's the best I can come up with. I'm having trouble imagining what this test required, and what questions were asked that responses could be formulated in two entirely different ways.
    Last edited by David L.; 13-Jul-2009 at 08:28.