Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

    • Join Date: Nov 2008
    • Posts: 519
    #1

    Without

    Without his intelligence, he would not have got high marks. (If)

  2. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,629
    #2

    Re: Without

    Quote Originally Posted by sash2008 View Post
    Without his intelligence, he would not have got high marks. (If)
    If he had not been intelligent, he would not have got high marks.
    He would not have got high marks, if he had not been intelligent.
    If he had not had intelligence, he would not have got high marks.

  3. Senior Member
    Interested in Language
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Egypt
      • Current Location:
      • Egypt

    • Join Date: Nov 2008
    • Posts: 519
    #3

    Re: Without

    Quote Originally Posted by bhaisahab View Post
    If he had not been intelligent, he would not have got high marks.
    He would not have got high marks, if he had not been intelligent.
    If he had not had intelligence, he would not have got high marks.
    Thank you
    Is the following sentence not correct?
    If he had been intelligent, he would have got high marks.

  4. bhaisahab's Avatar
    • Member Info
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Ireland

    • Join Date: Apr 2008
    • Posts: 25,629
    #4

    Re: Without

    Quote Originally Posted by sash2008 View Post
    Thank you
    Is the following sentence not correct?
    If he had been intelligent, he would have got high marks.
    Yes it is.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •