a birthday card for a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe

I am preparing a birthday card for one of my friend. I want to write it like this:

I wish you an enjoyable evening and a prosperous, fruitful, joyful, bright…new year.

I want to put as many adjectives as possible between "a" and "new year", but I don't think I have enough words for that. Would you please give me a list of adjectives, which you think might be appropriate in this context? Thanks very much! :)

Tdol

Editor, UsingEnglish.com
Staff member
Member Type
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
In ordinary language, we shouldn't put too many adjectives here- there are few examples of more than five being used. I would suggest,therefore, that you either choose a few carefully or go to the other extreme and list dozens of them.
prosperous, successful, rewarding, joyful, fulfilling, memorable, happy, peaceful, etc.;-)

Joe

tdol said:
In ordinary language, we shouldn't put too many adjectives here- there are few examples of more than five being used. I would suggest,therefore, that you either choose a few carefully or go to the other extreme and list dozens of them.
prosperous, successful, rewarding, joyful, fulfilling, memorable, happy, peaceful, etc.;-)

Yeah, go to the exterme and list dozens of them. That's what I want to do. Thanks, tdol. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.