Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Natalie27

gonghai said:
a couple of months ago

or couple months ago

which one is correct

it should be a "couple of months ago" but in fast speech we tend to miss a few things here and there...not considered grammatical... :wink:

gonghai

Natalie27 said:
gonghai said:
a couple of months ago

or couple months ago

which one is correct

it should be a "couple of months ago" but in fast speech we tend to miss a few things here and there...not considered grammatical... :wink:

thanks natalie27
that was what i was thinking too.. :D

amigo

hope gonghai won't be mad because I'm adding another question here under his/her topic. I'm new to this forum. Pls forgive me and let me know if I should start another topic for the following question about "couple".
Teachers,
when people say "couple of months",do they mean 2 months only or do i use "couple of months" when i mean 3,4 months?
When I am not sure if the event happened 2,3 or 4 months ago,do I use "couple months ago" or "few months ago"? do "couple" and "few" roughly mean the same when it's used in this context.

Thanks. :oops:

Casiopea

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
amigo said:
hope gonghai won't be mad because I'm adding another question here under his/her topic. I'm new to this forum. Pls forgive me and let me know if I should start another topic for the following question about "couple".
Teachers,
when people say "couple of months",do they mean 2 months only or do i use "couple of months" when i mean 3,4 months?
When I am not sure if the event happened 2,3 or 4 months ago,do I use "couple months ago" or "few months ago"? do "couple" and "few" roughly mean the same when it's used in this context.

Thanks. :oops:

Generally couple refers to two and few refers to more than two, say, 'three' or 'not many'.

All the best, :D

Status
Not open for further replies.