B:Yes. Actually, skiing has become ( ).

1.one of my favorite sports
2.one of my most favorite sports

thanks in advance!

frvianna

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi GRINKL (Mr. or Miss?)
As a matter of fact, the right answer is 1., provided that the word 'favorite' (in England 'favourite') implies in an explicit singularity. It's impossible having two or more favorite sports. The favorite one is unique among others.

Banned
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
Hi GRINKL (Mr. or Miss?)
As a matter of fact, the right answer is 1., provided that the word 'favorite' (in England 'favourite') implies in an explicit singularity.
It's impossible having two or more favorite sports. I don't agree. One can have two or more sports that one likes equally well and also likes them more than other sports.

Although native speakers will say both sentences #1 and #2, I agree that #1 is better because it is more logical. It is very questionable to talk about different levels of favorite sports; it is better to talk about one or more favorite sports and other sports that you like but don't like as much as your favorite one(s).

Grinkl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Which is your choice?
sorry for late reply because of time gap.
I heard that many people used most favorite or more favorite in the conversation, but also I think the word favorite has the meaning of superlative in itself . That's why I was confused.

Grinkl

Member Type
Student or Learner
Hi GRINKL (Mr. or Miss?)
As a matter of fact, the right answer is 1., provided that the word 'favorite' (in England 'favourite') implies in an explicit singularity. It's impossible having two or more favorite sports. The favorite one is unique among others.
THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.