Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
United States
I can't remember the exact acronyms but I'm guess they are related to methods or restrictions of payment.

DOC?
DOS?

and few others. If anyone can tell me what they stand for (and the ones I couldn't recall) I'd appreciate much. Again I apologize for not being accurate.

NT

NearThere

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
United States

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
If you're describing payment methods, are you sure one of the acronyms isn't COD? It stands for Cash on Delivery, and it means the purchaser pays for the goods at the time they are delivered.

NearThere

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
United States
If you're describing payment methods, are you sure one of the acronyms isn't COD? It stands for Cash on Delivery, and it means the purchaser pays for the goods at the time they are delivered.

I belive you're right on Ouisch for I wasn't sure how the acronyms were written in the first place. Thanks a lot!

By the way, like I said there're few other acronyms that usually shown in "inframercial" (I'm not sure about this word at all, it's a certain type of comercials seen on TV where you have hosts shouting praises on the product as if it's the best invention ever), you have any idea what those acronyms might be and what they stand for?

NT

Ouisch

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Infomercials are a unique marketing tool. They rely on a fast-talking over-enthusiastic spokesperson to create an atmosphere of tension in order to convince the viewer that they absolutely cannot live without this particular product.Here's an interesting article on some classic infomercials.

I'm trying to think of some of the common acronyms used in informercials, but the only one I can think of at the moment is BOGO - "buy one, get one" (usually means if you purchase one item, you'll get a second one free).

NearThere

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
United States
Thanks a lot, Ousich!!!!

I'll check out the link.

NT

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Who among us can hear the word "infomercial" and not think of the Flowbee??

Status
Not open for further replies.